- There are significant changes in the “Content” section of the rulebook. Please read page 19.
- The following categories have had rule changes:
- Songwriting – rules regarding accompaniment
- Christian Band – rules regarding originality
- There are new rules for conducting/directing in the Vocal Ensemble categories. Please see the rules.
- Piano Solo, Classical is now an official category in the Instrumental Division.
- Instrumental Solo, Folk is now an official category in the Instrumental Division.
- Instrumental Ensemble, Folk is now part of Instrumental Ensemble, Contemporary.
- The following is a new rule that applies to every category that includes music in the presentation. Students must follow this rule if their presentation includes music. This new rule reads:
Before beginning the presentation, participants must introduce their music selection(s) by stating the title(s), name of the artist/composer, and arranger (if known). If the piece was composed or arranged by the student, that should be stated. Introductory comments DO NOT count toward the setup or presentation time limits. These comments must be minimal (not an opportunity for other comments like a testimonial or any justification for choosing the song(s), 15 to 20 seconds is sufficient). Please follow this example: “Hello, my name is (or) our group name is ________ and I/we have chosen to use “Here as in Heaven” by Elevation Worship (and song #2, and song #3) for our presentation.”
DISCLAIMER: this is not an all-inclusive list. Each participant is responsible to read, understand, and abide by ALL of the information and changes listed in the official 2017 Fine Arts Festival Rule Book.